Monday, July 13, 2009

Can you pinpoint the moment your life is about to change?

My time in Barcelona was amazing.  Relaxing, calming...life just took on a new pace and outlook.  Instead of whizzing through the monuments and tourist traps, I spent my time wandering the streets, breathing the ocean air, imagining the Olympiad and dreaming about what my life will look like.  For so long I had been stagnant and holding on to a dream and a promise that was broken.  

In Barcelona I also met my new friend Sophie.  A Parisienne, Sophie shared her love stories with me and I with her.  Whereas I had always played it safe, she played it risky.  She had been dating a married man fifteen years her senior and had hoped that it would turn into love. She had recently found out that her dream was never going to come true. Her and I became great friends though and it was nice to have someone to share all of the emotions that had been rising within.

During this time, S was also sharing his emotions with me.  We were debating whether or not I would come back to Firenze.  Actually, I was debating...he was trying to convince me.  He was so lovely -- telling me how he was dreaming of me, thinking of me, wanting me. I felt like we shared so much together in such a short time.  

I had to make the decision, however, that I was not going to go back.  It was a terribly hard decision to make, but I had unfinished business in Vancouver and I wanted to have a fresh start to my new life.  I wasn't able to let S go though and we continued our romance through the wonders of Facebook chat.  Not the traditional romance, but hey...it was almost 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment