Friday, July 10, 2009

Cut your losses, go to Barcelona.

So, after reaching my holiday low, I decided to make the trip to Barcelona a day early.  I took the bus and felt a relief to be out of Valencia.  So also began my desire to write...about my past, about my present, about my feelings, about my doubts...and the five hour bus ride flew by.  I wrote about my feelings for S and how he has helped me realize that I was worth more than what I had been receiving in recent years.  He helped me realize that I am desirable, regardless of being 20 or 30, and that I would be okay if I was on my own.  

I arrived in Barcelona with a refreshed spirit and excitement.  I found my hostel, right next to the old cathedral in the Gothic quarter.  It was picturesque and the Christmas markets were enchanting.  The weather was also warm and sunny.  So, became my mood.  It is amazing the difference a day makes.

My emails with S became more frequent and revealing.  He was so sweet and caring.  He made me feel so special.  It started becoming more clear to me that this was a path I had to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment