Monday, June 22, 2009

The next morning and a departure

I awoke the next morning in pure happiness. Yes, I had not slept much the night before, but it didn't matter.  I was happy -- well, until I realized that I had to leave S that day.  I made my way into the living room and he was making breakfast in the kitchen.  I walked in and kissed him --so natural; like we were a married couple sharing a kiss over eggs and toast.  As others awoke and joined us, we would sneak kisses when others weren't looking and were just enjoying being playful with one another.  When others left, we just sat on the couch, letting the realization of our soon-to-be separation sink in.  In a matter of hours we would be apart.  We lay there and kissed and were just happy in each other's company.  

Francis was accompanying me to Pisa where we would see the sites before my evening flight.  As soon as I was on the train I knew I had left something special behind in Firenze.  I was really sad to have left him and felt a rush of emotions all day.  As I boarded the plane and saw Italy get smaller and smaller in the distance, I knew I would soon have to return.  The question was when.

No comments:

Post a Comment