Monday, June 22, 2009

Titanic (Tee-ta-nique)

As I was waiting for S to return, I romanticized our next encounter -- he would take me for a night out in Firenze, kiss me on the ponte vecchio and walk hand in hand through the streets.  Unfortunately, Francis, an Australian guest was there and S came back with his brother.  I sat on the couch in the middle of S and his brother -- who had been hitting on me the night before. The four of us watched Teetanique, otherwise known as Titanic -- a dubbed-over Italian film I can actually understand.  S' brother soon left and somehow we found ourselves extra cozy on the couch; so much so that Francis commented on how friendly we looked.  We shared a blanket and inconspicuously held hands.  It was all very teenage of us.  We were just waiting for Francis to leave.  She was on the computer and S would steal kisses on my neck. 

Francis finally stepped out of the room for a shower.  S and I were like a magnet to each other -- kissing and just giving in to the tension that had been building for the past few hours.  It was wonderful.  I didn't think of his age, I didn't think of my life at home, I just gave into everything I was feeling at that moment in time.  It was such a long time coming.

At one point Francis came into the room.  You would have thought that we were 16 and my mom just caught us making out.  We were instantly on other sides of the couch, an obvious move that prompted Francis to realize that we had been kissing.  The guilty looks on our faces didn't help much either.  We were caught.  Still, Francis excused herself graciously and we were left -- the two teenagers on the couch.  The next six hours -- almost entirely G rated -- were so wonderful and if I had let myself, things would certainly have gotten carried away.

Despite pleas to join him in the bedroom, I made my way back to my room and bed.  Francis was still awake and to continue my teenaged evening, we talked and giggled about what my night had entailed.  After all, the next morning I would be leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment